
First, I never buy magazines, NEVER!! I used to buy a lot of gossip and "fashion" magazines, when I was a teen and in love with Johnny Depp. The content was always the same: a lot of tips and tricks to get more silly than you already are, mixed up with ads and shopping recommendations. After some time (and a lot of money later) I figured out that the magazines are just recycling their content from year to year. I stopped buying them. Then the Online-Magazine and blog wave started and made my cold turkey a lot easier. I didn't regret it.
I like internet magazines. They are available, up to date and free. But from time to time I miss the Old-fashioned Magazine, that you can leave on the table, read without getting red eyes, and where you can leave your coffee stains. And thats when I go for Acne Paper. It's printed on a nice matte paper; it has a really simple and sophisticated layout and a very intelligent content.
The latest Issue of Acne Paper No. 14 is with 272-pages the biggest issue and the first with 3 different covers (portraits of three New York legends, Writer Fran Lebowitz, artist Richard Serra and dancer Mikhail Baryshnikov). This issue is completely dedicted to Manhattan and is full of interesting interviews, photography essays and portraits featuring iconic New-yorkers. If you wanna start reading again, you should definitely have a closer look at Acne Paper.
No comments:
Post a Comment